The Canberra Country Blues & Roots Festival welcomes performers from all nations that are active in the country blues & roots music genre, including Bluegrass, Country Gospel, Country Rock, Country Blues, Contemporary Country, Traditional Country, Alternate Country, Americana, Rockabilly and Western Swing. This is not a rock, urban or jazz festival.
We do require headline acts to attract audiences on a competitive fee basis. We deal with booking agents and directly with artists to achieve a mutually beneficial arrangement. The Festival is not a gravy train or gold mine to be milked, but does provide real audience and media promotional benefits in addition to monetary remuneration.
The Festival also aims to provide a substantive event for independent artists to build their fanbase and media profile. Performers that do not have a high airplay and sales presence should not expect to paid high fees as the Festival can not subsidize career building at the expnse of audience numbers. We trust artists understand this. That being stated, we try to accommodate and promote around 50 performing acts during 3 days of great music, audience interaction and fun!
Artists accepted to Perform at the Festival are provided:
- 2 x 30~45 minute performance sets over the weekend as a minimum
- Onsite camping accommodation at the Festival site for the duration of the festival 12-14 November
- Modest performer fee
- Facilitate radio interviews at the Festival
- Facilitate sales of artist CDs and merchandise at the Festival Shop
- Promote artists in Festival advertising, programs and announcements
- Assistance with additional non-festival venue bookings in the immediate region at pre and after venue locations(no guarantees of success, but we do have many contacts)
- Provide artists with a ready-made audience to build a fanbase that may otherwise not exist
Organisers of this event have incurred heavy start-up losses to make this festival happen and therefore have minimal funds to assist travel costs – this expense being the biggest impediment for talented non-Australian based artists that may not have a large fanbase to justify such expenses. That being fact, we are keen to host international performing artists and promote their profile and recordings to the growing Australian country music market.
Subject to our agreement that we are keen to host you, there are several options that can assist you in being part of the Canberra Country Blues & Roots Festival in 2010 or subsequent years.
What we will do from our side:
- Sonicbids Selection – we have sponsored 2 international slots for Sonicbids listed performers, where airfares, accommodation and a modest performing fee is provided – check it out at www.sonicbids.com/canberra
- Sponsored Travel Selection – performers can seek their own sponsors to cover travel costs to Australia. Typically this may be a local business, venue, arts/government grant or a wealthy relative! Naturally our festival will acknowledge the sponsor in the biographical write up of the artist and we encourage performers to recognise their sponsors with T-Shirts, acknowledgements from the stage etc.
If you think this option is viable please download and complete the performer submission below.
- Provide 2 x 30~45 minute performance slots for you
- Accommodation in Canberra for the duration of the festival 12-14 November
- Modest performer fee
- Organise radio interviews and airplay of your recordings
- Facilitate sales of your CDs and merchandise at the Festival Shop
- Promote you in Festival advertising, programs and announcements
- Assistance with backing band if required
- Assistance with additional non-festival venue bookings in south eastern Australia (no guarantees of success, but we do have many contacts)
- Provide you with a new ready-made audience to build your Australian fanbase that would otherwise not exist
Every 2nd Weekend November in Canberra Australia
Click here to join the Festival mailing list.